Even vegans can enjoy a nice cream egg!
Cream eggs just scream it’s Easter time!
Although I loved cream eggs as a kid, I haven’t had one in years. Cadbury Cream Eggs, for example, contain dairy, so I don’t eat them anymore since I’m vegan.
Fortunately, cream egg filling is ridiculously easy to make at home!
You can eat the cream egg filling on its own, or make a cream egg!
Once you’ve made the filling, you could:
Make a cream egg:
Let the cream egg filling sit in the fridge for a half hour. Once it’s become hardened, melt some chocolate and roll the cream egg filling in the chocolate. Let it cool and then enjoy your cream egg!
Make Cream Egg Nanaimo Bars:
Check out my recipes for Cream Egg Nanaimo Bars - they’re to die for!
Enjoy the filling on its own:
Warning: it’s super sweet!
- 16 servings
- 10 minutes
- 0 minutes
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup vegan margarine (I use Becel)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3 cups icing sugar
- 1 tbsp vegan cream (I use Silk’s soy creamer)
- Optional: yellow food colouring
- Mix together the corn syrup, vegan butter, vanilla, and salt until smooth, either by hand or with a hand mixer.
- Mix in the icing sugar bit by bit, until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Optional: Add a few drops of yellow food colouring to the mixture to make it look more egg-like.
- At this point, you can place the cream egg filling mixture in the fridge for 30 minutes to let it harden. If you like, you could roll the cream egg filling in some melted chocolate to make a vegan cream egg!
More delicious recipes
This is one of the many fantastic recipes available on this blog