One bite into this vegan pound cake and you might find yourself asking: wow, this is vegan?
This pound cake tastes so egg-y, and is 100% vegan!
This pound cake calls for only 5 ingredients, comes together in a few easy steps, and will satisfy any pound cake fanatic you know.
Trust me - my mom is HUGE into pound cake. My mom used to bake pound cake all the time but stopped when I went vegan. She absolutely devoured this vegan version.
This pound cake is a veganized version of Martha Stewart’s pound cake, with Just Egg instead of a chicken egg. And it works SO well!
This pound cake recipe originally calls for 4 eggs which is equivalent to 1 cup Just Egg. For more details, you can refer to my post on how to bake with Just Egg.
Pound cake is a type of cake traditionally made with a pound of each of four ingredients: flour, butter, eggs, and sugar. Naturally, this is not vegan friendly. Fortunately we now have access to SO many vegan products. I used Becel’s vegan margarine to substitute the butter and Just Egg to substitute the egg.
One thing to note is that white sugar isn’t vegan everywhere. Bone char is often used to filter white sugar in certain regions - if this is a concern in your area, I recommend you buy organic sugar which does not use bone char in the filtration process.
- 8 servings
- 10 minutes
- 30 minutes
- 1 cup vegan margarine
- 1 cup Just Egg (or any other liquid vegan egg product)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking tin with parchment paper, or wipe it with an oiled paper towel. Set aside.
- Mix the wet ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients in any order, then mix until just combined. Try not to over mix!
- Pour the batter in the lined/oiled baking tin.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 - 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the loaf comes out clean.
More delicious recipes
This is one of the many fantastic recipes available on this blog