I posted a “what I ate as a vegan” video on TikTok the other day featuring this recipe. I didn’t realize that so many people would be interested in the recipe! :) Here it is!
My partner threw this together the other night, and I didn’t even think to have him film or write down what he did. Fortunately he has a pretty good memory and was able to share the details with me!
- 4 servings
- 10 minutes
- 30 minutes
- 2 large onions
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp Garam Masala
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 can of tomatoes
- 1 head of cauliflower
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare your vegetables: Dice your onion and garlic, and wash the cauliflower and chop it into bite sized pieces.
- (Optional) Toss the cauliflower with some oil in a large bowl.
- Place the cauliflower on a baking sheet and put it in the pre-heated oven. The cauliflower will bake for about 20 - 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, you can making the curry: Heat some cooking oil in a frying pan, and then add the onion. Cook on medium heat until the onion is translucent. This should take 5 - 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic to the frying pan along with the spices: the Garam Masala, curry powder, cumin, turmeric, paprika, and salt. Cook until aromatic (about another 5 - 10 minutes).
- Stir in the tomato paste and let it cook for another few minutes until it’s heated up.
- Pour the canned tomatoes coconut milk into the frying pan.
- Strain the canned chickpeas (keep the leftover aquafaba if you want!) and add the chickpeas to the frying pan.
- Let the mixture simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Once the cauliflower is done baking, add it to the frying pan and mix well.
- Serve with rice or anything else you like, and enjoy!
More delicious recipes
This is one of the many fantastic recipes available on this blog